This IntelliHose model is designed to prevent freezing and slushing in DEF lines on Case 850M bulldozer engines.
Like all IntelliHose heated hoses, this model includes:
- Temperature control based on ThermEvolve® technology.
- A heating element specifically chosen for optimum performance.
- Durable insulation.
Find a distributor today and order, or contact us directly to discuss a sample.
Specifications and application notes
This model's assembly specifications
- Built for: Case 850M bulldozers.
- Setpoints: ON at −5°C, OFF at −3°C (23°F, 27°F). (Note: DEF freezes at −11°C or +12°F.)
- Time to thaw: In-house testing finds DEF within hose warms from −40°F (−40°C) to liquid (ca. 32°F, 0°C) in 3 minutes of full duty power.
- Hoses: Two EPDM hoses (SAE 20R3EC) with SAE J2440 push-to-connect fittings:
- A Hose: 3/8" inner diameter, ℓ 10 ft 3 in. (312 cm).
- B Hose: 5/16" inner diameter, ℓ 10 ft (305 cm).
- Voltage: 24 V nominal.
- Current draw:
- Full duty 375 mA/ft (1.23 A/m), total 7.5 A.
- Temperature maintenance: 0.18 duty (total 1.35 A) at −40°F (−40°C). Less at higher
- Wattage: Full duty 9 W/ft (30 W/m), total 182 W.
- Electrical subsystems: As requested. See the section below on available subsystems.
Detailed application notes for IntelliHose products are available at our Application Notes and